Psychiatric Drugs Explained
offers a wealth of evidence-based information on psychiatric drugs in an easy-to-use format that can be quickly referenced in the clinical setting.
Written by internationally recognised author Dr David Healy, the book provides a comprehensive review of drug effects, action and side-effects. There is an emphasis on the lived experience of patients, providing the reader with a sense of what the adverse effects of drugs might feel like to those who use them.
A reader-friendly approach and clear layout, with information organised by disorder, make this popular title accessible and useful not only to nursing staff, but to all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Quick reference guide suitable for all members of the multidisciplinary team
- Helpful boxes on user issues make potential complications easy to spot
- Distinctive, reader-friendly style helps the reader understand the benefits and impacts of psychotropic drugs
- New topics include management of dependence disorders, stimulants and drugs for children, cognitive impairment and sleep disorders
- The only book with detailed coverage of the sexual side effects of psychiatric drugs and the abusive prescribing of prescription drugs