Yields: 4 servings
Unlike ordinary rice, this delicious wild rice dish is high in protein and fiber, making it a healthful main dish on its own.
- 1 cup dry wild rice, cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4″ dice
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into 1/4″ dice
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook, turning occasionally, until softened, about 1 minute.
- Add the zucchini and squash and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and tender, about 7-8 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked rice and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until hot.
- Add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.