Yields: 8 Servings
This nutritious, colorful vegetarian chili comes together quickly in the slow cooker and is ideal for feeding a large group or freezing in small batches for single-serving dinners!
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil or olive oil for slow cooker
- 1/2 large organic red onion, diced
- 2 stalks organic celery, chopped
- 1 organic carrot, chopped
- 1 organic green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 organic red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 organic sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 organic jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp unsweetened raw cacao powder
- 8 oz. cans diced green chiles
- 15 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. can organic tomato sauce
- 1 cup veggie stock
- 2 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 15 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large avocados, peeled, and cut into chunks
- 1 cup nut milk yogurt
- 1 cup nut milk-based cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 gluten-free tortillas, toasted
- Oil the crockpot lightly with avocado oil.
- In the crockpot, mix all chili ingredients and stir to blend, then cover.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve in bowls with the toppings and your favorite hot sauce.