1 tablespoon coconut oil
3 organic free-range chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
14 ounce can coconut milk
2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
2 medium zucchini, chopped
4 medium carrots, chopped
2 bell peppers, chopped
1 cup mushrooms
Optional: red lentils or brown rice
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat and add the chicken, onion, and garlic.
- Add the coconut milk and curry powder when the chicken is almost cooked through. Cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add the zucchini, carrots, and peppers and continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms once the other vegetables have almost finished cooking.
- Simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Serve over cooked red lentils or brown rice.