Yields: 4 Servings
Eggplant is a superfood that’s high in fiber and phytonutrients that fight disease.
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for the pan
- 1 eggplant, trimmed and cubed
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp monk fruit extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Wipe the rimmed baking sheet with a paper towel dampened with olive oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggplant, 1 tablespoon of oil, basil, salt, and pepper, and toss well to coat.
- Place the eggplant on the baking sheet that has been prepared. Roast for 20 to 22 minutes, or until gently browned and tender.
- For the Vinaigrette Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, basil, mustard, monk fruit extract, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk in the oil in a slow, steady stream until everything is fully blended.
- Toss the eggplant with the basil vinaigrette in a large mixing bowl.