- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco
- 1 pound wild-caught shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Sauté celery, onion, and bell pepper for 3 minutes, or until the are tender-crisp.
- Add the tomato paste, bay leaves, fish sauce, Tabasco, and a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shrimp and cook for a further 3-5 minutes, or until pink and cooked through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on top of a bed of brown rice.