Yields: 6 Servings
This flavorful vegetarian side is wonderful when combined with lentils, broth, pomegranate, and herbs.
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup scallions, greens only, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil and simmer the lentils for 15 minutes, or until just tender. Drain the water and set it aside.
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces and shred it in a food processor.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the coconut oil and the shredded cauliflower.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Continue to cook for another 3 minutes after adding the stock and lentils.
- Remove the pan from the heat and toss in the remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!