Yields: 2 Servings
This quick and delicious vegan supper is packed with protein, fiber, slow-low carbohydrates, and healthy fats.
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped organic red onion
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup frozen pre-cooked organic quinoa
- 2 cups organic cooked black beans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 cups organic mixed greens or baby spinach
- 1 cup organic cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 small organic red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Mash the avocado with a fork in a medium bowl, then stir in the lime juice, sea salt, black pepper, and cilantro; leave aside.
- Heat the quinoa according to the package guidelines and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In the meantime, combine black beans, garlic, and cumin in a small pot and cook until steaming.
- In two bowls, divide the greens, tomatoes, bell pepper slices, finely chopped red onion, and cucumber, then top with half the beans and half the guacamole. Top with sliced jalapeno.