Yields: 2 Servings
- 3/4 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp macadamia nut oil or palm fruit oil
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Over high heat, bring a big saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Return to a boil with the green beans, cover, and simmer for 8 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots and simmer, stirring periodically, for 2-3 minutes, or until they begin to soften.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms and bell pepper to the pan and simmer, stirring periodically, for 6-7 minutes, or until the mushrooms are slightly browned.
- Cook for 1 minute after adding the green beans.
- Toss in the coconut aminos, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.