This is the perfect healthy breakfast recipe to jump-start your day because it contains the right amount of healthy fats, protein, and fiber.
- 4 slices Ezekiel bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 small ripe avocados, seeded and peeled
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pickled red onions
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast until golden brown on both sides.
- Heat the oil in the same prepared pan on medium-low heat.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until the whites are totally set and the yolk is cooked to your preference.
- In the meantime, mash the avocado with salt, pepper, and lemon juice in a shallow platter.
- To put the bread together, sprinkle a teaspoon of mashed avocado on top.
- Season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper and top with 1 fried egg. Enjoy with pickled red onion on the side!