Yields: 2 Servings
This tasty salad is a creative way to prepare quinoa. This superfood seed is high in protein, fiber, and vitamins, and it deserves a place on your dinner table.
- 1/2 cup red quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 cup tricolor or other quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup slow-roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp low-sodium wheat-free tamari
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a small saucepan, combine the quinoas and water and cook according to package recommendations.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a bowl.
- Toss the quinoa with the bell peppers, almonds, green onions, tamari, vinegar, cilantro, sesame oil, and salt, and fluff with a fork.