Yields: 4 servings
Nothing like a hearty bowl of chili to keep you warm. For added crunch and flavor, garnish it with guacamole and baked brown rice tortilla strips
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed and cooked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and peppers and simmer, stirring periodically, for 4-5 minutes, or until the vegetables are somewhat softened.
- Add the spices and simmer for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Toss in the beans and stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover and decrease the heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 18-20 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the cilantro and salt.
- Divide the cooked quinoa into four bowls and top with 1/4 cup white chili in each.
- Enjoy while it’s still hot.